THROUGH SHARING INFORMATION the GSC is committed to improving fire safety and wildland fire management by:
- Supporting all wildland fire activities including planning, incident management, education and prescribed fires
- Developing and recommending wildland fire geospatial data standards
- Encouraging the use of geospatial technology in wildland fire management
- Sharing geospatial information through workshops, conferences and training
2014 Demos, Training, and More:
- FAMWEB Data Warehouse Training - webinar was held and recorded on July 9th. The shortened version is available HERE.
- Georeferenced Forest Visitor Maps are being collected and staged on the FTP site for use by the wildland fire community and cooperators! Further help is needed to acquire this data. Contributions to this effort are welcomed and further explained in THIS DOCUMENT.
2014 Fire Season GISS Webinars
The objective of these webinars is to inform wildland fire incident GIS resource people about the status of
topics impacting the support of incidents in 2014.
- GISS - NEW Add-In and Python Tools for 2014!
- Fire Geodatabase Schemas - 2014!
- FIMT (Fire Incident Mapping Tool) is available! Download FIMT 10.0.11 for ArcGIS 10.0 and 10.1.
- ALMS (Automated Lightning Mapping System) is also available! Download ALMS 10.0.5.
- GSTOP (Geographic Information System Standard Operating Procedures): The 2014 GSTOP publication is currently in the process of final layout and design. The official NWCG release and posting is expected in spring, 2014.
The June 2013 GSTOP DRAFT should be used for the 2014 fire season until the publication of the final is available.
June 2013 GSTOP DRAFT.
Announcing the GSC Map Gallery!
Have you created a map product on an incident utilizing the Standards and that you would like to share? Send it in to us, and we will post the best ones!
Visit the Map Gallery page to see previous years examples and for more information about how to submit a map.
The GSC Website is compatible with the following browsers: Internet Explorer version 5, Netscape version 6, Firefox 1 and Opera 7. Previous versions of these browsers may not be compatible for viewing this website. The GSC Website and Clearinghouse is an official United States Government website. This is a U.S. Government computer system. Before continuing, please read this Disclaimer and Privacy Statement.